Tuesday, October 31, 2006

October 31, 2006 Siem Reap Day 3. Happy Halloween to every one back home!
(No pictures today because I didn't take a single one today)

I didn't see a single costume today! Obviously Halloween isn't celebrated here.

Lisa and I woke up around 10am today. Today was a rest and relaxation day. Our plan? To just lounge around the boutique hotel and make use of it's facilities. We went downstairs to have breakfast. Everyone here gets up really early! A lot earlier than us, because when we went downstairs for breakfast, the only other people there were Terry, Tammy, Jimmy T, and Christina! We had the whole place to ourselves. I drank some fresh coffee, fresh watermelon juice, and freshly squeezed orange juice. I had some yellow papaya, watermelon and pineapples as an appetizer. The main for breakfast was a flat noodle/kung pao dish which was quite good.

After breakfast, I went to the gym to workout for about an hour. The gym is the only thing that is keeping me somewhat skinny. In fact, I weighed myself at the gym, and I'm still 170 lbs. Thank goodness, still the same weight! Phew!

After the gym, I headed back to the room, and I blogged. Man, this blogging is taking soooo much time. It's so time consuming. Unbelievable. The brightside is that I do it when I'm just doing nothing, so I guess all in all, it's not that bad, but it definitely weighs on the mind when we're too busy and we don't have anytime to update it.

Lisa went downstairs to the lounge with Christina, Jimmy T, Becky, and Darren. They sat, drank, and ate some food from the cafe. I later came down to meet up with them, and I got a tuna melt from the cafe. After our petite lunch, we went back upstairs to Jimmy T's room to hang out. We basically spent all evening in there till dinner time. They played Big 2, while I surfed the internet, read, and blogged some more. Anthony went to the gas station next door to pick up chips, drinks, french fries, and chicken nuggets. We ate some more! We also watched the movie Freak Friday which was on the movie channel. Before we knew it, it was 9PM, so we headed out for dinner. We went to a restaurant called Cambodia Kitchen. We ate local cambodian food... dinner for 9 with 2 pitchers of beer, 6-8 cokes, 9 bowls of rice, ample dishes came to a paltry $55 US dollars. Man, I'm so glad food is cheap here, because it really allows us to stay within or even below our daily budget that we have set for ourselves. Man, when I get back to Vancouver, I'm going to be reluctant to spend any dollars on outside dining!

Anyhow, I just showered and I'm back in the room blogging again. It's 11:30PM... going to call it a nite now. See you tomorrow!

No comments: